Thursday, January 26, 2012

roasted red or gold potatoes

Cut about 1.5 lbs med sized red or gold potatoes into quarters
put Potatoes into cold water to cover by about an inch--add two bay leaves and 1 tablespoon of salt. 
When water comes to boil, boil 6-8 mins (while boiling, preheat oven and casserole at 425-450). 
Drain and drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil, add about 
1 teaspoon salt 
1/2tsp pepper, 
1-2 sprigs of bruised rosemary (bang it with the side of your knife), 
about 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder (don't use fresh it'll burn), 
1/2 tsp onion powder and 
1/2 tsp dry thyme and marjoram.
 Mix well and place in preheated casserole and roast at 450 for 10 mins, lower to 425 and let roast another 20 mins. They can be kept warm for about a half hour at 175. I use my toaster oven to make these, since I usually make them at the same time as my roast chicken. I've found that the chicken doesn't get as crisp if I do them in the same oven.
This recipe makes some of the tastiest potatoes that I've ever had. Highly recommend.

No comments: